Committees and Caucuses
Congressman Bucshon serves on the powerful and influential House Committee on Energy and Commerce where he is a member of the Subcommittees on Health, Energy, and Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection.
The Committee on Energy and Commerce, the oldest standing legislative committee in the U.S. House of Representatives, is vested with the broadest jurisdiction of any congressional authorizing committee. Today it has responsibility for the nation's telecommunications, consumer protection, food and drug safety, public health research, environmental quality, energy policy, and interstate and foreign commerce. It oversees multiple cabinet-level Departments and independent agencies, including the Departments of Energy, Health and Human Services, Commerce, and Transportation, as well as the Environmental Protection Agency, the Federal Trade Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Federal Communications Commission.
The Subcommittee on Health has jurisdiction over: Public health and quarantine; hospital construction; mental health; biomedical research and development; health information technology, privacy, and cybersecurity; public health insurance (Medicare, Medicaid) and private health insurance; medical malpractice and medical malpractice insurance; the regulation of food, drugs, and cosmetics; drug abuse; the Department of Health and Human Services; the National Institutes of Health; the Centers for Disease Control; Indian Health Service; and all aspects of the above-referenced jurisdiction related to the Department of Homeland Security.
The Subcommittee on Energy has juridiction over: National energy policy; fossil energy; renewable energy; nuclear energy; nuclear facilities; the Department of Energy; the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; synthetic and alternative fuels; energy conservation; energy information; utility issues; interstate energy compacts; energy generation, marketing, reliability, transmission, siting, exploration, production, efficiency, cybersecurity, and ratemaking for all generated power; pipelines; all laws, programs, and government activities affecting energy matters, including all aspects of the above-referenced jurisdiction related to the Department of Homeland Security.
The Subcommittee on Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection has jurdiction over: Interstate and foreign commerce, including all trade matters within the jurisdiction of the full committee; regulation of commercial practices (the Federal Trade Commission), including sports-related matters; consumer affairs and consumer protection, including privacy matters generally; data security; consumer product safety (the Consumer Product Safety Commission); product liability; motor vehicle safety; and regulation of travel, tourism, and time.
- Bi-Partisan Congressional Pro-Life Caucus
- Congressional Aluminum Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on Unmanned Systems
- Congressional Caucus on U.S. - Turkish Relations and Turkish Americans
- Congressional Caucus to Fight and Control Methamphetamine
- Congressional Cement Caucus
- Congressional Coal Caucus
- Congressional Constitutional Caucus
- Congressional Friends of Liechtenstein Caucus
- Congressional Health Caucus
- Congressional Hockey Caucus
- Congressional Natural Gas Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
- Electronic Warfare Working Group
- GOP Doctors Caucus
- House General Aviation Caucus
- House Republican Israel Caucus
- Medical Technology Caucus
- Republican New Media Caucus
- Republican Study Committee
- Ohio River Valley Caucus
- Congressional Joint Strike Fighter Caucus
- Defense Communities Caucus
- House Military Depot and Industrial Facilities Caucus