Indiana's 8th Congressional District, covering Southwest Indiana and the Wabash Valley, is home to more than 700,000 Hoosiers and covers over 7,000 square miles throughout 19 counties. Within the 8th District, major industries include manufacturing, agriculture, mining, and higher education. The 8th District is also home to the "Crossroads of America" in Terre Haute, the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division, one of Indiana's three inland ports in Mount Vernon, Indiana's third-largest city of Evansville, Indiana's oldest community of Vincennes, and the county that is home to the lowest unemployment rate in Indiana - Dubois County.
The 8th District of Indiana includes all or parts of Clay, Daviess, Gibson, Greene, Knox, Martin, Owen, Parke, Pike, Posey, Sullivan, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, Warrick, Crawford, Dubois, Perry, and Spencer counties.
Please tour our district by clicking through the links provided below.
- Colleges and Universities
- County Governments
- Community Resources
- Local Agencies
- Local News Sources
- Who are your elected officials?
Federal government offices in or around the 8th district
- Internal Revenue Service
- George Rogers Clark National Historical Park
- Social Security Administration
Federal courts with jurisdiction over the 8th district
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Supreme Court