Skip to Content

Help with a Federal Agency

If you need help with a federal government agency or issue, I'm happy to provide assistance and advocate for you however I can. My office can often contact the appropriate agency on your behalf to assure that you have been given every consideration available. Please know that I cannot force an agency to act in favor of a constituent.  However, I can help communicate the circumstances and request that they answer questions, find solutions, or just ensure you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

If your situation is an emergency that requires urgent help (an urgent passport request, an ill family member overseas, etc.) you should call my Evansville Office for immediate assistance.

Please read the following before submitting your request:

Do you reside in the Eighth Congressional District of the State of Indiana?

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules, and propriety dictate that each Member of Congress has the honor and responsibility to serve their own constituents.  If you aren’t sure which Congressional District you live in, please check here. 

Examples of Government Institutions and Agencies with which we can assist:

Where I cannot intervene:

Because of the Constitutional separation of powers between the three branches of government, judicial matters (matters which involve the court system) do not fall under the jurisdiction of a Member of Congress. Examples of judicial matters are:

  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Civil/Criminal trials
  • Pardons/records expungement

Issues related to the State of Indiana and state agencies are not under the jurisdiction of a Member of the U.S. Congress. Please contact your local State Senator or State Representative for assistance.  If you are unsure of who represents you in the Indiana General Assembly, please visit

To receive assistance from my office, you must first submit a Privacy Release Form including a detailed explanation of the nature of your concerns. Once you submit your request by clicking the button below, you will receive an email confirming your submission has been received. If you do not receive an email confirming receipt of your submission, please contact my office. Otherwise, a member of my team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible to discuss your situation and how I can help.

Click Here To Request Help


If you'd rather use a paper form, please contact Brenda Goff in my Evansville office to request a Privacy Release Form.